OperationFlashpoint2.org » Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising unveils EGO tech video and new visual identity
rss news ticker
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising unveils EGO tech video and new visual identity
Released today as part 1 of the major news release comes a release of a “studio insight video”. This video showcases the cutting edge technology in Operation Flashpoint 2.
Download the HD footage from Filefront
Also released where High Res pictures of the new box art for all platforms. As well tweaked the logo of the top of the official forums.
Codemasters also noted to the following information in there release:
- Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is being developed using an evolved variant of the EGO™ Engine, Codemasters Studios’ proprietary technology platform.
- EGO Engine has previously been used to great effect in the creation of award-winning titles Colin McRae: DiRT and Race Driver: GRID.
- “The advantage of our own technology is that we can custom-build major engine components specifically suited to each title
- The EGO Engine does aim to build the experience and tension of being in a serious conflict situation where one shot can kill.
- Using the engine’s rendering tech and customised audio systems, they aim to produce the danger and adrenaline rush of modern combat.
- The realism of the game and its artistic content they state goes along way towards that.
- They claim it will be however the driving tech, the detail and effects will give players a real sense of what it’s like to have a 80mm mortar shell land 30ft away.
Read the Original Post: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336134
Written by Sir. Polaris in: Chat Event, Forum Updates, New OFP2 Infomation, New Screenshots, New Video | Tags: Ego Engine, Helios, Major News Release
No Comments »
RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Powered by WordPress | Aeros Theme | TheBuckmaker.com WordPress Themes