rss news ticker
Released today as part 1 of the major news release comes a release of a “studio insight video”. This video showcases the cutting edge technology in Operation Flashpoint 2.
Also released where High Res pictures of the new box art for all platforms. As well tweaked the logo of the top of the official forums.
Codemasters also noted to the following information in there release:
- Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is being developed using an evolved variant of the EGO™ Engine, Codemasters Studios’ proprietary technology platform.
- EGO Engine has previously been used to great effect in the creation of award-winning titles Colin McRae: DiRT and Race Driver: GRID.
- “The advantage of our own technology is that we can custom-build major engine components specifically suited to each title
- The EGO Engine does aim to build the experience and tension of being in a serious conflict situation where one shot can kill.
- Using the engine’s rendering tech and customised audio systems, they aim to produce the danger and adrenaline rush of modern combat.
- The realism of the game and its artistic content they state goes along way towards that.
- They claim it will be however the driving tech, the detail and effects will give players a real sense of what it’s like to have a 80mm mortar shell land 30ft away.
Read the Original Post: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336134
No Comments »
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.